Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The "Rooms of Doom" Part 2

The "Rooms of Doom" are coming together pretty good.  We've had a few problems with the plumbing, but overall, it's getting done.  To my surprise....

Considering the fact I can not stand a dirty home, the remodeling process is driving me NUTS!  There is saw dust, sheet rock dust and trash all over the inside and outside of my home.  It's going to take me 3 months to de-dust everything.  At least I know what I'm doing for the next 3 months, right? 

Overall, the process has been good.  We have had our stressful moments, we've yelled, and screamed at each other, even threatened divorce at one point.  But, my bathroom and laundry room are coming together.  We may not get all the trim up, we may not get all the shelving up before the end of the week, but we will have a somewhat functioning bathroom and laundry room.

With that said, we're broke!  The plumbing cost us more than even I thought it would.  So, I have been on my second favorite website, 'Pinterest'.  I found a cute way to reuse old dresser drawers as shelves.  The old vanity has three pretty good sized drawers, so we will be sanding and painting them and those will go in the laundry room to hold our laundry soap, softener, cleaning supplies, etc.  We also have some plywood left we will cut to make a shelf to go above the washer and dryer.  These will all be painted the same color as the trim.

I have a few small pieces of ply wood left, as well, and will be creating some wall art for the bathroom and laundry room. Lots of great DIY projects coming up on the blog, so keep coming back to see what is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment