Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Yellow Rose Bush


We have a yellow rose bush that is HUGE!  It's not just any rose bush, though.  Yes, there is a story behind the yellow rose bush. 



A few weeks after James proposed to me, we were at Walmart shopping.  It was Spring time so the Garden Center was full with new shipments of flowers.  We were wondering around and my eye caught the roses.  I went over to look at them.  There were a few other people looking at them too.  I was smelling every rose bush.  None of them 'smelled' like a rose bush...except this one yellow rose bush.  There was another man looking at it and my chance to get it was slipping away.  So, I grabbed the rose bush up!!  I told James, "This is the one I want."  And so we bought it and brought it home. 


We needed to find a place to plant this beauty and decided on a place by the front door.  After we planted it, I turned to James and said, "This is our love rose bush.  As it grows, so will our love for each other." 




The rose bush grew for a few years and bloomed out profusely!  One year though, it struggled to grow.  That was the year James and I had a 'bad' year and had discussed the "D" word more times than I care to remember.  We managed to work through our problems and our marriage is much stronger now.  And, so is the rose bush.



I would have to say this is my most favorite flower in our entire garden.  Every year it grows stronger and more beautiful.  We have other rose bushes in the yard, but this one, this one is indeed my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment