Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Banana Pudding

Doesn't that look yummy?


Last night, I was visiting with my sister when our dad's care-giver, Steve, came down.  Dad was at church, so Steve had some 'free' time and came to 'check on us girls'.  We were all talking and visiting and having a pretty nice evening.  Steve turned to me and said, "OH!  We have your bowl that you made banana pudding in...it's empty.  You can come get it or I can bring it to you and you can make more.....if you want."



My dad can eat his weight in banana pudding!  Steve asked how I get the pudding so light.  I told him, "That's MY secret!"

It is really easy and doesn't take but maybe 20 minutes to make.

 Look at those yummy, scrumptious layers of goodness!  OH LORD! Help me!!

What you will need:
1-2 boxes of INSTANT banana pudding, depending on HOW much you want to make (Jello brand)
1-3 container of cool whip (depending on how many layers you are making)
1 box of Vanilla wafers
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of COLD milk
A bunch of bananas, sliced (about 4-6 bananas)

In a trifle bowl or similar bowl, cover the entire bottom with the cookies.  In a separate bowl, put in the jello instant banana pudding mix.  Pour in 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups of COLD milk and whisk.  The pudding will be super thick!  Add ONE container of cool whip and gently fold into pudding mix.  Pour enough of the pudding mix to just cover the vanilla wafers and spread.  Add the sliced bananas, covering pretty good. Add cool whip and spread over bananas. Continue to add layers of vanilla wafers, pudding, bananas and cool whip, ending with the pudding mix.  Top with ONE full container of Cool Whip.  At this point you want to chill the banana pudding for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.  Before serving, add sliced banana's and vanilla wafers to garnish.  Sometimes I will crush the vanilla wafers and sprinkle it on top.

I use sugar free pudding mix, sugar free cool whip,when I can find it, and fat free or 2% milk.  I have made it 'healthy' and 'not so healthy' and the taste is not affected.  I have also added real banana extract to the pudding to boost the flavor.  I do not recommend doing this...it over whelms the flavors.

So good, so light, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment