Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Center Piece





My attempt at keeping the Holiday's simple has so far, proven to be a challenge.  I see all the beautiful decorations, and my mind goes into over-drive!  I have a lot of Halloween and Christmas decorations, but hardly any Thanksgiving decorations.


Last night, our temps got very close to freezing.  We have an old cast iron gas fireplace in our bedroom and when we fired it up last night, within a few minutes, the carbon monoxide monitors began to scream.  So, we headed to Walmart to find us one of those oil heaters.  In the process of getting to that area, we walked by the little Thanksgiving display they had set up.  My brain went into over-drive and I picked out a few things.



Today, I got out my bags and began to study the items I purchased.  This really didn't cost a lot to put together and it is simple to do.


Here is what you will need:

1 plate/platter/charger of your choice in a Thanksgiving/Fall motif (Cost/ 2.97)
1 large pillar candle in a fall color (Cost/4.97)
1 small pillar candle in a fall color (These can match or not)  (Cost/2.97
1 bag on cinnamon scented pine cones (Cost/ 4.98)

Total cost/ 16.00)

Place candles in the center of platter/platter/charger, and add the pine cones around it.  Place on table.  Easy, simple and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment