Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What's Your Favorite?

Hey everyone!  I have been neglecting my blog lately.  I'm so sorry, but when you only have one eye and even that one is bad on a good day, it's hard to get into the blogging mood.

Since my eyes have decided to act up on me and yes, I have an eye appointment tomorrow, the boys (that would be James and Jacob) have been doing the majority of the cooking.  This has been a hard thing for me because 1. I love to do the cooking and 2. they just don't do it right.  Okay, maybe that is not a fair statement.  They don't do it like I do.

It's a control thing.

I'm trying to get over it.

We have one package of chicken in the freezer and my pantry is about as bare as it has been in a very long time.  I haven't went to the store and bought much food lately.  The lights really bother my eyes, even with sunglasses.  Yeah, I get some strange looks.

I'm sick of chicken.  I know, it is good for you, if you cook it right...meaning, not fried.  But, seriously how much chicken can one eat before they begin laying eggs or growing feathers or clucking?

I looked inside my pantry yesterday.  I had great intentions of organizing it.  I think I did pretty good.  Mostly, I condensed everything.  It is amazing how many open bottles of coffee creamer I had open!!  I even found an unopened box of pancake mix!  It was put into the canister.   I did good not to dump it all over my clean cabinets.  I can't say that about the beans.

This morning, I was thinking about what we should have for dinner.  My choice was biscuits and gravy OR pancakes.  I asked the boys what they wanted and biscuits and gravy won hands down.  James went to the store and bought some sausage links and said, "These aren't cooked so the grease will make for some good gravy."  I can't argue that.

So tonight, we're having biscuits and gravy with sausage links.

What is your favorite thing for dinner?  I'd LOVE to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment