Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer

It's August and it's HOT!  Compared to the last two years, this summer has been rather mild.  But it's still hot.  We have two cars, one has an AC, the other doesn't.    The one with the AC decided to quit (it needs a new battery) and Mr. Crafter has been driving the one with no AC.  Having had 6 bouts of heat exhaustion, he doesn't do the heat well.

Another thing that comes with the 'Dog Days of Summer' is in Oklahoma, school begins.  This will be, for me, a somewhat hard year!  My youngest will be graduating in May...9 months from now.  This will be full of memory-making opportunities for him....and me.  I was an emotional mess when my daughter graduated.  I can't imagine how I'll be with my son.  He has decided to attend a local college for two years, so he will still be living at home.  That (I hope) will soften the blow.   He and I have decided to improve our lives by losing a little weight, not smoking (ME) and moving more than we have been.  I pray together we can improve our future health-wise.

The fun thing about August is Fall is right around the corner.  I love Fall.  I mean, I REALLY love Fall!  The temps are perfect.  The colors are gorgeous!  The feel of the air is welcoming.  I get to start putting out Fall decorations.  It, to me, is the BEST time of the year.  With Fall comes my wedding anniversary.  We will be married this year 4 years!  Not a long time, I realize that, but it seems like we've been together forever.  Yeah, we're THAT comfortable with each other.

August also brings us FOOTBALL!  I so am ready for some football.  Mr. Crafter is not a football fan, but he gets a 'kick' out of watching me yell at the TV.

August brings us so many things.  It's (almost) the end of summer, Fall comes into our lives and shortly after, the Holidays.  The Earth goes through a quiet time.  It's time to sit back, relax and reflect on the year, and the rest of the year.

In August, around here, we start doing crafty things for Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's a time for our family to gather together, break out the fabric, sewing machine, glue, and such and get busy.  It's a time to get the summer 'feel' out of the house, and bring in the relaxing colors of Earth.

What is your favorite thing about August?  What do you do in August to prepare for the rest of the year?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment