Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Button Jar






Have you ever had one of "THOSE" day?  Yep...me too.  I seem to be having one of "THOSE" weeks...and it's just Tuesday!  Those times, I try my hardest to stay away from people and things that I just don't want to mess with.  Like the dishes and the laundry!  Those days (or weeks) are when I go hide in my office and work on something 'crafty'. 

Last week, I was sitting in the living room having one of "those" days.  Christmas is a hard time for me. Since my Mother passed away in 2008, Christmas just hasn't been the same.  No matter what you do, no matter what you cook or how you cook it, it's not Mom's (fill in the blank).

 Anyway, for as long as I can remember, my mom and granny 'collected' buttons.  All kinds of buttons.  I'm not sure where all the buttons went, but I found a small jar of buttons after Mom passed away and I took them home. 

 They have been sitting inside my great grand-mothers pie safe.  With money a little tight this year, I began to look at those buttons and think about what I was going to get my little niece for Christmas.  She loves necklaces.  So, I thought I would craft a couple necklaces and a bracelet for Christmas.

This is so easy to do and can be done in a matter of minutes.   Just pick out some cute buttons in descending size, some ribbon, and your hot glue gun.  If they are dirty, give them a bath in hot soapy water and dry.  Take your ribbon (and if needed, a large needle or toothpick) and thread the ribbon through the button holes.  Take your hot glue gun and glue the next smaller size onto the large button.  Then the next smaller size and glue it on. You can add as many buttons as you want and create pretty much any design.  I made these for a 6 year old, so I went fairly simple.  Last, take your hot glue gun and turn the buttons over and hot glue the ribbon to the back of the button so it will lie correctly. 


Easy as...sewing on a button!

No comments:

Post a Comment