Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Holiday Message..and Happy Birthday!


 Yes, I know I said no posting until the weekend out of respect for the victims in Connecticut.  I’ve been thinking about this and reading about this horrible event since Friday.  I feel this is the time we should share our happy times, create memories with our family. loved ones, and friends.  Yes, this was and is a horrific tragedy.  My prayers go out to all involved.
My wonderful beautiful daughter...9 months and counting.
 With that said, I will be spending time with my daughter and son in law tomorrow as I welcome my new granddaughter into our family.  I will be making memories.  This is what life is about.  With the loss of so many lives this last week, I feel it is most important to spend as much time with those we love as we can.  No job, no amount of money, should be more important than family and friends.  What a wonderful Christmas season this will be for our family and friends! 

We will welcome baby Lyla tomorrow!  Can NOT wait!
I see the world a lot differently today.  Instead of seeing the black and darkness of this world, I see the good in people.  James and I went to a local park Sunday evening to look at all the Christmas lights and we had many strangers greet us and wish us a “Merry Christmas” or a “Happy Holiday” and I began to realize the world isn’t as bad as I once thought.  There are still good people out there.  There is still love. 

Creekmore Park, Fort Smith, Arkansas

Creekmore Park, Fort Smith, Arkansas
 With the uncertainty we face on a daily basis, it is important to remember the ones we love and hold dearest to our hearts this holiday season.   It is important to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas.  When we gather on Christmas, whether you celebrate on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or another day, we should say a prayer of thanks to God for His many blessings.  And, I will be holding a wonderful bundle of joy, a blessing from God…an answer to my prayers that not all is bad in this world.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

The Page Family

No comments:

Post a Comment