Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Projects and More Projects

If you ask my sister, she will tell you I'm not happy unless I have some kind of project going on....YOU THINK?  She would be right.  What can I say?  I thrive on doing things that make my family (and myself) happy.  Is that a crime?   Seems like I have many 'projects' going on right now.  Problem is, funds are a bit low.  So I have to wait...a bit.

I thought I would share a few things going on that I will be working on over the next year.  First and foremost is making hubby happy by repainting the walls in our bedroom.  We FINALLY agreed on a paint color.  We just have to get the primer and paint and begin.  This time, though, we will do it right.  Make sure we have enough paint and primer to cover all 4 walls, for one.  And, buy primer! Last time we did not prime the walls and the ugly neon green is showing.  YUCK!  NEVER skip priming the walls.

The next item on the "To do" list is this:

 We have two of these shelves.  They are "fake wood" or laminated to look like wood.  I am trying to figure out what exactly I want to do with them.  They are in our living room as end tables.  I stuck some silver scrapbook paper inside to see if I liked it.  Still not sure. I think what we will do is prime them and paint them an antique white and distress them a bit.  We have a lot of brown in the living room, so lightning them up a bit would be great, I think.
 The next item on the "To Do" list is this dresser.  My hubby brought it in when we were married.  I hated it then, and I still hate it.  It is sitting between our closet doors.  Those will be replaced eventually.  It is 'fake wood' as well. "Sigh".  I am going to prime it, then paint it a antique yellow or butter yellow then, I'm going to decoupage some roses on to the drawers and distress the entire thing with ink or stain.  Which ever is easiest.

The last thing on the "To do" list is our dinning room table and chairs.  You can see how the wood stain is coming off.  And, you can also see that the chairs and the table are two different colors.  Again, using primer and paint and a bit of creativity I will transform this hideous table into a work of art.  hahaha....I can't complain, really.  The table cost us 5 bucks at an auctions and the chairs were 15 dollars each at a yard sale.  It will seat up to 8 people.  Yeah, it's huge.

As I do these, I will post a tutorial on how I did it.  I am thinking these 'projects' will take me all of next year to do.  I'll be busy for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment