Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ohhh Man! :)

So, I attempted to do the jars found over at Doodle Craft yesterday.  I followed the instructions to the letter and time and temp.  This is what I ended up with



bubbles



They came out streaked and had bubbles, almost like spider webbing or a crackle.  Which is fine, since we're using them for our "Fall-O-Ween party".  I tried again today, and that turned out almost perfect.  The top had a lot of bubbles on it. But, these will work great for the effect we want.  I didn't take a night time photo with the candle in it, but it is amazingly creepy.

On the same website, she has a blog doing basically the same thing except use paint and not food coloring, place in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees and you get a crackle look.  She spray painted the insides with silver paint.  I might do this to these jars to give a little 'filler', but use a Halloween color like orange. 

I suggest you go check out this blogger.  Her name is Natalie and she has a LOT of wonderful ideas.  Here is the link to her blog: http://doodlecraft.blogspot.com/ 


Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment