Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Witch

Well, we have the witch complete.  She isn't exactly what I wanted and hopefully next year, we'll be able to redo her.  For now, she will work.


The head consist of news paper, tissue paper and a LOT of duct tape.  Once I got the size right, I covered it completely in duct tape.  Then, I covered it with a large zip lock baggie.

We recycled a couple of stands from a wedding.  We stacked them to make it a bit taller.  Cut a piece of wood to help give it some form and then used an old black sweat shirt to cover the bottom.

I also added the corner of a black trash bag to help water proof the head. Then taped it on top of the stands.

She didn't have much of a neck, so we took some left over batting and duct taped it onto the stand.

The only color gloves we could find were purple.  We did spray paint them brown and black once we got her outside.  I took 2 wire hangers, bent and shaped them for the arms.  We attached them to the piece of wood.

I bought a rectangle black table cloth from the Dollar Tree (LOVE the Dollar Tree), found the center and cut a hole just big enough to go over her head.  The mask went over the form, We hot glued the hat on.  My DH bought some 'eyes' from the Dollar Tree and I hot glued them inside the eye holes.

Here is a close up of the eyes.
That's pretty much all there is to her.  Like I said, not exactly how I wanted her, but for this year, she'll work.

We took 3 6-7 foot limbs about 3-4 inches in diameter, some rope and made a tee-pee.  We then hung her cauldron in the center of the tee-pee.

We spray painted the ends of the wood with brown and black spray paint to make it look old.  We are still trying to get the 'fire' just right.  When we do, I'll post photos. :)
Until then, happy haunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment