Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Closet Makeover

Hey everyone!  It has been a CRAZY week!  The other morning, as I was sitting in the living room with J, he looks over at me and says, "Ya know...DD is going to have that grand baby of ours any day now."  (REALLY?  You just NOW realized that!)  I said, "Yeah, I know."  He says, "Maybe we need to clean out the office and make a space for the baby and DD."  After picking myself off the floor, I said, "That's a big project, honey.  It could take WEEKS."  DH says, "Yeah, but you can do it.  I'll help."
And, so the cleaning out process began.

This is the closet before I tackled it.  It is such a tiny closet. Deep, but not very wide. So the first step was to take everything out.

And, it's now cleaned out, including any spiders that were in there.  As you can see, it's deep, not wide.  Of course, DH left for work, so I was the one doing it. :)  There were things in there I had no clue what they were.

 All of my craft supplies are on these two shelves.  They were sitting across the room in the corner.  I wanted to put them in the back of the closet, facing out, but again, not a wide closet.  They sit nice and snug to the side.  I tried to get an inside photo, didn't work. 

Here is the 'for now' finished closet.  I am going to get a hanger for the ironing board, and DH is taking the door out (it's one that slides and is very noisy) this weekend.  I'll hang a cute curtain up for the door.  We also have a couple of shelves we're going to put up inside the closet for extra storage.  

This is going to take a little longer than a few days, I think.  

This is what it looked like a few days ago.  We had already began cleaning and as you can see, we have a 55 gal. trash bag almost full of trash.  That bag is full and the second bag is half full.  

As I/we work on the room, I'll post about it.  And, hopefully, we'll have it done (or close to being done) by the time baby Lyla arrives.

Gershelda

No comments:

Post a Comment