Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving Part 1

To start off the week, I thought I would begin with a little commentary.  After my last post, I took a few days off from life, so to speak, and just relaxed.  Did a few things around the house that needed to be done.  I will post on those later in the week. 

Sometimes we just need to 'chill out', ya know.  Take a step back, and rethink some things.  And, that is exactly what I did.  So, now I'm back and ready to roll. 
I have learned a few things over the last few days.  And I have decided on a few things, too.  One is that I am hoping to be able to blog more often.  It may be an insightful thought, a craft idea, remodeling we have done or whatever hits me.  I will try my best to post something everyday. :)

With all that, I have spent a lot of time on Facebook.  There are a few of my friends that are doing their "thankfuls'.  Seeing that November is the month of Thanksgiving, they are posting what all they are thankful for everyday.  I enjoy reading those.  I really do.  I don't do it, because I would forget.  So, I am going to do that here.  It's a 2 part list.  I will post my first 15 things today, the last 15 on Friday.

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Part 1
1. I am thankful I have a loving and forgiving God.  He loves me as I am, He molds me to what he wants me to be.  He forgives me for all my short-comings.
2. I am thankful for my husband.  He loves me as I am.  He keeps me grounded, laughing and loved.  He is the best thing to ever happen to me and I am truly thankful for him.
3. I am thankful for my 2 children, Jessica and Jacob.  They both are the light in my eyes and I would be lost without them.
4. I am thankful for my dad.    Without him, I wouldn't be here!  He worked hard all his life to give us  a nice home, food, and clothing.  He did his best to give us the life we wanted.  He is the best dad ever.
5. I am thankful for my brothers and sister.  We fight and we argue and we have said things and done things to each other we should not have said or done but..we are there for each other when the time comes.  We help each other out when and where we can.  They are the best and I love them all.
6.  I am thankful for my daughter  and son in law making me a grand mother this year!  I am so looking forward to this, I am just giddy!  My first grand baby, Lyla.  I can not wait for her to join our family.
7.  I am thankful for my home.  It was my grand parents home.  My mother was raised here and I spent most of my childhood in this house and, I have raised my own children here.  It is our home, bought and paid for, ours to do what we want to make it even more ours.
8. I am thankful my husband has a job that pays the bills.  No, it isn't a lot, but we have shelter, food and clothing.  And, sometimes a little bit left over for he and I to go to the movies.
9.  I am thankful that I am able to be a stay at home wife and mom. 
10.  I am thankful that I have my 'babies': Piper, Jack, Boomer, Gizmo and Midnight.  They make me happy in life and when things go wrong, as they sometimes do, they are there to comfort me.
11. I am thankful for my health.  I am a diabetic and have been for about 30 years.  I have no major health issues.  The occasional joint pain and headache, but overall I am in pretty good health.
12. I am thankful for my nieces and nephews.  I love each of them dearly.
13. I am thankful the changing seasons.  Each one brings its own beauty and uniqueness. Each one has it pros and con's, but each one is a blessing.
14. I am thankful for the ability to use the items I have and transform them to something my family can enjoy.
15. I am thankful that on chilly nights I have heat and on warm nights I have AC!

That wasn't as hard as I figured it would be!  Friday, I will finish my "thankful" list.  I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment