Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Nursery Wall Mural

 I've been cleaning out the office to make a little spot for DD to nurse Baby Lyla, or for Lyla  takes a nap.  I cleaned out the closet the other day.  Got rid of a LOT more stuff that was NOT needed or I had no clue what it was. 
Yesterday, I decided that Lyla's little corner was naked.  It needed something.  So, I did an Internet search for wall mural's.  There are a LOT of soon-to-be-mom's doing trees.  I have nothing against trees.  I actually LIKE trees. But, I didn't want what everyone else was doing, either.  I sat in the middle of the floor (YES! You can actually sit on the floor now) and stared at the wall.  I got my paints, brushes, and embellishments out and decided I would paint a few little flowers on the wall.  Not a lot, mind you, but a few. :)

Now, before I post the photos, let me put this out there: I AM NOT AN ARTIST OF ANY KIND.  That is DD job.  She is the artist in the family.  So, no judging on the job. :)


 This is the wall I stared at for a very long time.

 Boomer making sure I got it just right. :)

 So Here is what I started with.  I was happy, but it needed more of something.


 So, I decided to do the other side of the corner....

 Cute, huh?  But, it STILL needed something.


 So I added some vines.

 and some butterflies and bees...

 and some heart leaves...

 Close up of the butterflies.  I just hot glued them onto the wall.

 I then added some more flowers...

 and leaves, and even added a couple of lady bugs.

 This is the finished results.  Again, I am not the artist in the family, but I like it and it is colorful and it give Lyla something to look at.  I am going to add a few more items, like some window boxes and put some fake flowers in them, and I will hang a lady bug from the ceiling.
My little Lady bug.  I am also going to stencil "Lyla's Garden" on the wall, as well.  DD saw it, loved it.

Is it a professional look, no.   Was it done with a lot of love?  Most definitely.  Within 10 or so days, Miss Lyla will join our family and we sure can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment