Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Santa Pillows

Are these pillows NOT adorable?  I'm going to show you how I did this and just how simple and easy it is to do.

I wanted to dress up a few of my pillows for Christmas.  I did a little search on the Internet for some inspiration.  Wasn't much out there. The CLOSEST I got was this pillow found here.  But, I didn't have the white fluffy stuff or the belt. 
And, since I am a huge fan of "using what you have on hand", I wasn't willing to part with the green stuff and buy it.  So, after a quick inventory run through my head, I got some of the left over black felt I have from Halloween, my red pillows, and my hot glue gun and got busy.

 So, the first thing you need to do, is wash and dry the pillows and black felt.  Smooth out the pillow, pulling out the corners, if needed.

 Take your felt and cut a strip about 4 1/2 inches wide and long enough to go around your pillow.

 Fold the felt over to make a strip that looks like the one above.  Hot glue the edges if needed.

 Take your hot glue gun, and run a strip of glue on the edge of the felt and place the felt on the pillow.

 Go all the way around the pillow, hot gluing where needed.  Overlap the edges and hot glue them down. 

 Turn pillow over and this is what you have.

 Next, take some toilet paper rings (I have plenty)

 And, cut them open, like so.

 Take gold glitter spray paint and spray them.  At this point, I would strongly suggest you put some paint in gold on the toilet paper rings before glittering. I didn't and it soaked in big time!

 Once they are dry, take them to the pillow, or bring the pillow to them, :)  Measure the strips to fit over the black felt. Take hot glue and glue all four pieces into a buckle.

 If you pre-painted, you will probably get to skip this part.  Respray the buckle with glitter and allow to dry. 

Then, line up the 'buckle' and hot glue to the black felt


 I placed my pillows outside.  I suggest if you are going to be using these inside, you use some clear coat spray to cover the buckle so glitter doesn't get everywhere.

 They look like Santa's belly.

Here are the finished 2 that I did.  I actually love them.  I placed them on my front porch.  Now if we just had some snow and not leaves, it would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment