Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Arms with No Body..Tutorial

I have been looking online for weeks now for a 'how-to' on how to make just arms and hands...with no body to put inside my witch's cauldron.  I've had no luck, so I am going to post one.

I asked my son if he had any black long sleeve shirt he couldn't wear...he did.  I cut the sleeves off the shirt.  (No Photo) 

I then stuffed the sleeves with old plastic bags.







 Once the sleeve was all stuffed, I got out my handy-dandy hot glue gun.  I glued the sleeve at the shoulder.




 Then, I added the hands that we bought at the Dollar Tree for a buck.  Creepy, no?


I folded over the sleeve at the opening and hot glued the hand to the sleeve, folded the material over and hot glued it.   Then I took paint pens, and drew on the veins, let that set for a few seconds, then took a towel and smudged it.





Finally, the finished product.  I just added some Jute Twine to the cauldron and tied off. 

Next step is to construct the witch's body...which we'll be doing this weekend and there will be a tutorial on it, too.  Happy Haunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment