Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Picking out the right paint

I have totally cleaned out our bedroom!  It's so HUGE!  Seems like our bedroom is the dumping grounds for...everything.  I started cleaning on Tuesday and finished up Wednesday night.  the room was so nice and peaceful.  I couldn't sleep.  IS there such a thing as "Too clean"?

Originally, the walls were white.  I paint, what was suppose to be sage green, but in reality was neon green.  After a few years of that horrid color, we painted it a pretty caramel spice.  I like it.  DH hates it, no, he loathes it!


Love of Interiors; http://loveofinteriors.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html  This is the color of our bedroom now.  Pretty!
So DH and I have been trying to find a paint color that goes with what we already have in there, bedding, curtains, accents pieces, etc., and that we can both live with.  The bedroom is suppose to be a place to rest, relax, rejuvenate, and a place of intimacy between you and your partner.  I have the first three, but apparently the last one needs some work.  ANNNND, apparently, it's the wall color killing it (according to DH, anyway).

Our curtains are a very light shade of beige.  Our flooring is concert painted a reddish-brown.  Our bedding consist of blue-green sheets, a quilt with tans, blues, golds and greens, and a comforter set with gold, tan, burgundy, and green.  The style is a shabby-sheik Victorian..lots of lace, candles, flowers, wine bottles from the past. We also have a huge black cast iron gas fireplace that I absolutely LOVE!  Not very cost efficient but I love it still!

We thought about a goldish tan, then a very pale lavender.  We even thought about going back to white (I HATE white painted walls). We know we do not want blue, red, pink, black or any dark colors or anything neon in there. We just can't agree on what we DO want.  We also agree that it should be somewhat neutral so IF we do find another bedding set we both LOVE, we won't have to leave it behind because it will clash with the color in the room.  That's the difference between males and females, I suppose.  We can't agree on color. 

So the search is on for a new paint color for our bedroom that hubby and I can both live with, will promote relaxations, rest and intimacy.  I will keep you advised.

Have a happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment