Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gift Tags

It's two weeks till Christmas and I'm still not done with all my shopping!  UGH!  I am going to try with all my heart to get it finished this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.  

 I have a large family.  So, Thanksgiving Day, those who were present, placed their names in a hat, and we drew names for Christmas.  Young and old.  Baby Lyla wasn't able to draw so, I drew for her. :)  Now I have 2 gifts that need a name tag.  I got out some felt and my buttons and my box of ribbons  and my glue gun, and went to work.

 I cut the felt in the shape I wanted.  Glued on my ribbon/roping in the lengths I wanted.

 Then, glued the buttons to the end of the ribbon/roping.  See that glob of hot glue?  Be careful sticking the button on it...it might burn your finger.  OUCH!

 See?  They look like Christmas ornaments!  Take some greenery, or tinsel, cut to the width of the felt and hot glue that on and you're done!  Almost.  I purposely did not take a photo of the finished gift tag.  Flip the tag over and using either glitter glue or a paint pen, write the name of the person receiving the gift on the back.

Take a hole punch, punch a hole in the corner and attach to the gift with the string.  Very pretty.

CHRISTMAS COOKIE GIVE AWAY
OKAY.  TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER THE CHRISTMAS COOKIE GIVE AWAY!  THE DRAWING WILL BE THIS EVENING AND ANNOUNCED TOMORROW MORNING! NOT MANY HAVE ENTERED, SO YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE OF WINNING.  POST HERE AND YOU ARE ENTERED.  THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.  SIMPLE.

Have a great day, everyone!
Gershelda 


No comments:

Post a Comment