Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

ABC BLOCKS

 Baby Lyla is being....difficult.  OR, maybe the family is being impatient.  Either way, we are ready for her to join us.  My daughter is so miserable, bless her heart.  I honestly can say (as most Mothers can) I feel for her.  I hate, HATE seeing her so uncomfortable and unable to do anything about it.  I have asked baby Lyla to just come on out, and give mommy some relief.  She is going to be a handful, for sure. :)  Meanwhile, back at the farm...

I made these cute blocks for Baby Lyla.  I know she won't be able to play with them right now.  These will go on her wall in the office/nursery.  The wall will be something for her to look at, then it will become 'interactive'.  I can't take the credit, though.  This is my daughter's idea.  Velcro has become my best friend while getting ready for her arrival.  When she is old enough, she will be able to pull the blocks off the wall, play with them, rearrange them on the wall, and such. 

Come on Baby Lyla, we are ready for you!

HOW TO

Gather up the needs: Paint, paint pens, blocks, old rag, distress ink, clear coat, hot glue gun, Velcro and paint trays.

These are 1 inch blocks.

 Paint the blocks white.  It took about 3 coats of white paint to get real good coverage.  Let each coat dry before proceeding.


 Pick out some fun bright paint colors and paint the blocks.  About 2-3 coats for good coverage.

 Take a black paint pen, and draw a square on four sides of the block.  Then, add the ABC's.

 Take your rag and distress ink and lightly rub each block with the ink.

Spray with clear coat, about 2 coats, allowing to dry between applications.  Take your hot glue gun, and apply a dot of glue and the Velcro.  All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment