Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Tree Trimming Party

This weekend was suppose to be uneventful.  A couple of days for James and I to rest and try to get over our shared head colds.  It was not to be.

As you know, my dad has dementia.  My sisters decided to get him a tree and have a 'tree trimming party'.    They decided on a tree from the back woods behind my house...cedar.  So, my brother went out into the woods and found a tree.  We all gathered at my dad's house with all our extra tree trimming goodies.  We had a crock pot of red beans and ham, corn bread, veggie tray and fruit tray. After we ate, we went to work on that tree.  Surprisingly, it turned out to be a rather pretty tree.  You can say it is a "perfectly imperfect" tree...just like our family.  I hope you enjoy the photos of the tree trimming party.

And, remember to enter into the drawing for a tin full of Christmas cookies.  Just comment on any post here on the blog  and you are automatically entered.

Have a great week!

The tree!

Part of the family

Rest of the family




Getting our lunch on...

My dad, chowing down













GREAT job on the mantel! 

The finished tree. :)  Perfectly Imperfect
We had a blast and I know dad really enjoyed watching us put the tree up, fighting with the lights, and each other.  Hey! It wouldn't be the holidays without one good argument, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment