Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Slow. Blogging. Week.

How was YOUR weekend?

Ours was BUSY!!!  We finished up the bathroom and laundry trim and it looks so good.  I am MORE than happy with it.  We also did some shopping, and cleaning of the North Garden. We also planted MORE flowers; hosta's, phlox, among others.  The mini rose bushes are full of blooms.  So excited to see it all in full bloom.  Saturday night, to decompress from the day, James and I went outside and fired up the pit!  It was very relaxing.

Sunday, we did more work in the yard, mowing, trimming, planting even more flower bulbs, moving things around and we kicked off grilling season!  We grilled pork ribs, pork loin, and hot dogs for the kids.  We had my dad, and his care-giver, Steve, my sister and her oldest daughter, and her four children, and my sister's youngest daughter here for dinner.  We also made a huge potato salad and Cole slaw, rolls, cake and ice cream!  Good times around the dinning room table.

We have been experiencing a surge in temperature's here in Oklahoma.  One day we are in the 80's, and a few days later, we're in the 50's.  As the saying goes, "Stick around long enough and the weather WILL change."  We are also in our 'stormy' season.  Which means, tornado's.  Not the best thing Mother Nature has created, but we deal with it.

I have been working on one thing for the North Garden; Fairy Homes!  Every garden needs a place for the fairies to live!  As soon as they are completed, I will post them and how I did it.  So far, I've hit a rough spot on the design.  We are very limited on fairy items around here.  A trip to the river is in order but that might have to wait until the storms we have this week pass.

Saturday night, while James and I were relaxing by the fire pit, I took some photos.  James and I loved them so much, we decided to pick out a few, and have them put on some canvas' to hang in the laundry room.  Since it's a slow blogging week, I thought I might share some with you.  James and I hope you have a great week and remember, take time to enjoy life.









All these photo's will hang in our laundry and bathroom.  I think some of these are just too awesome to hide.  :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment