Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Friday, October 12, 2012

It's a GIRL! Baby Shower decortion ideas

Good Morning!

I have been working like a busy bee all week.  We're having a baby shower tomorrow. 

When my wonderful daughter told me she was indeed pregnant, I went immediately into "grandma" mode....in my mind and heart, anyway.  One never wants to get overly excited at first.  Yet, now, that she is about 8 weeks away from giving me my first grand baby, the excitement can not be contained any longer!

So, tomorrow is the baby shower.  And I have been working on the decoration.  DD is not a fancy, frilly, type of girl.  She likes things simple, neat, organized,, in short, she's OCD, just like her mom! :)

I though I would share a few of the things I'm doing for the decorations.  I flipped through the page's of the Internet and found all kinds of things.  And, the things I found, seems like EVERYONE is doing them...so I have no one to give credit too for this...just do a search and there is the credit.   But, if I am able, I will, of course, give credit.

DD told me, "Mom, don't do everything in pink, please."  We both feel that pink and the combinations of pink are a bit over done.  There are many colors out there and DD being the artist she is, sees them all.  So we decided to do a rainbow of colors, as you can see in the tissue paper butterflies.  What I did, is I cut out a butterfly template, folded it in half.  Took 4 sheets of tissue paper, folded it in half.  Laid the template on the folded side, and cut out.  When open, you have a butterfly.  Now, scrunch the middle and add some string to hold in place or use pipe cleaners, twist and curl the ends for antenna's.  Simple, easy.

Tissue paper butterflies
This is the welcome banner that will hang in the dinning room door way.  I don't own any fancy crafting machines.  I do my crafting the old fashion way, scissors.  I made a circle template in two different sizes, then used my crafting scissors to cut them out.

I used letters I already had, traced, and cut them out and layered everything together to create the banner.  For the side "Welcome" piece, I took card stock, and made my own little square templates, glued with Elmer's, then took a paint pen and wrote in "Welcome".  Took some baby embellishments and put them on, as well.  The ribbon I had in a jar.  I used a hole punch, threaded the ribbon to tie it all together.

I have also made tissue paper flowers like these.  We will hang them in the den and dinning room, along with the paper butterflies.  

Now, the door way, when the guest come in will look something like what you see above...this is from Eventlucky.com.  Of course, ours will not be as large.  It is a doorway, right...but as the guest turn to go into the den, they will go through the streamers into a world of color.

Some of it,  I want to keep it a surprise.  But, I will post photos of the shower for all to see.  
What a wonderful time we all will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment