Just a Little County

No matter if it is in the kitchen or the great outdoors, it's time to put a little country in our lives.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Cookie Time

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/swedish-christmas-cookies-recipe2/index.html


Every year, my kids and I take a weekend and bake a HUGE amount of cookies for Christmas.  As the kids have grown and moved on, I've cut back on the amount of cookies I make each year.  We take the cookies, box or bag them up in pretty Christmas containers, usually ones we find at Thrift stores or we have made ourselves and give them to a few of our neighbors as gifts.  They look forward to receiving these cookies, almost as much as I and the kids enjoy baking them.

This has been our tradition for many years and this year, I thought seriously about breaking that tradition.  However, I am beginning to get the 'baking bug'.  I put my mind to work (hard job, there) and my first thought was "It's just really time consuming.  It's expensive to do. And, I just really don't feel it this year.  Our temperature have been running in the 70's and 80's and it is just a bit difficult to get  into the holiday spirit when you are sweating."  Our weather guys are telling us that we will have 'cooler temps'...the question is WHEN!

So, I was sitting here the other day, and I was watching Sandra Lee, Semi-Homemade on the Food Network, or Cooking, not sure which channel.  And I thought, why can't I do a Semi-Homemade Cookie?  

Here's the rub.  Beginning December 5th, I will begin making my Semi-Homemade cookies to give to our neighbors.  Of course, I will give instructions and all the items needed to do this.  The GREAT part?

Read this post, leave a comment below and your name will be entered into a drawing to receive  a bunch of Christmas cookies for your holiday table.

Here is the cookie list:
S'more's Cookies
Oatmeal Mallow Fluff Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Sticks
Brownies
Chocolaty Chocolate Chip cookie bars
Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies

Hope to see YOUR name in the drawing!

Gershelda

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are entered into the drawing.

      The contest will end December 12th...drawing will be held and announced on December 13th!
      Thanks for your entry.
      Gershelda

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I LOVE homemade cookies..they are the best! :)

      Delete